St Michael’s International School was the first international school in the region to be awarded joint accreditation from the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC.)
St Michael’s International School is also an affiliate member of the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and an affiliate member of the Independent Schools Association (ISA) as well as being a member of the Japan Council for International Schools (JCIS.)
Our school is a proud International Primary Curriculum (IPC) member. The IPC is a research-based curriculum recognising global best practice in primary education and the developmental needs of 5 - 11 year olds.
What does it mean for our school community?
- Recognition by independent bodies that our educational provision meets specified rigorous standards in all areas of school life.
- Quality control is fully monitored and endorsed
- St Michael’s has a commitment to excellence
Our recent CIS and WASC report, published summer 2012, highlighted the following major strengths:
- The school’s commitment to the education of the whole child within a positive culture of excellence and a caring family community
- The school’s commitment to the school’s mission, core values and vision
- The friendly, family atmosphere that provides an environment of support for each and every child
- The staff dedication, devotion and efforts in continually working to improve the program that supports high quality student learning
- The development of systems and procedures that are constantly being reviewed to ensure a nurturing, healthy and safe environment for the students.
The excellent reputation of St Michael’s international School is well established both nationally and internationally. Your child’s education is safe and secure in our hands.