School Bus Service
As a school we have a commitment to ensuring that home to school transport for our students is as safe and secure as is possible. Children using the school bus are required to wear a seat belt and as part of our COVID-19 protocols, all children must wear a face mask and have their temperature taken before boarding the school bus. The school bus is also used for educational visits and excursions.
St. Michael’s students have a well earned reputation for excellent behaviour and good manners. This high standard of behaviour is expected on the school bus. To encourage this, students who use the bus service are expected to abide by the following rules:
- Wear a face mask
- Sit in the allocated seat
- Always wear the seatbelt provided
- Remain seated while the bus is moving
- Listen and follow the instructions of the bus monitor
- Respect other people and their property
- Act responsibly, as they would in school
Bus users should follow these safety procedures when exiting the bus:
- All students should remain seated until it is their turn to exit as indicated by the bus monitor.
- Students exiting the bus will be met by a member of St. Michael’s staff
- Students exit in single file with the older students exiting first so they can help the younger ones.
- Students should remain in place on the safety rope while they wait for all students to disembark.
The sign up for the bus service is on a first-come, first-served basis. When the service is over-subscribed, priority is given to children who will use the bus daily on both journeys. Individual tickets may be purchased for occasional usage of the school buses when space is available. Please contact the Facility Manager for more information.
Please note that there is no school bus service available for students attending after school activities.
For families using public transportation, bus and train schedules are available in the School Office. Discounted student passes are available and St. Michael’s assists students in obtaining these passes.