Short Stay Enrolment Process
Short Stay Students
Limited spaces are available for international school children visiting Japan. Children enrolled betweenone to seven weeks are considered a short stay student. School Uniform is not mandatory for Short Stay Students.
- Submission of Completed Application Form.The form can either be collected from the Schoolor downloaded fromthe School websitehttp://smis.org/admissions. Incomplete Application Forms will be returned.
- Submission of a copy of the child’s passport or birth certificate. Dual passport holders must have both copies submitted.
- Submission of a copy of recent school records andtest results for the past one year
- The Application Fee of ¥20,000 must be submitted at the time of application. This fee is non-refundable.
- The Application documents and fee can be submitted directly at the School Office, or sent by mail in an envelope marked “ADMISSIONS”. The fee can be paid in cash or by bank transfer. (Please refer to the Payment Policy for bank details)
- Whenrequired by the Head of School, an assessment may be organised in order to make clearer the child’s suitability for entering St. Michael’s International School as short stay students.
- Payment of the remaining fee must be completed one day before the start of school.
- Parents must declare all known medical issues.
- Immunisation records must be submitted.
- If children are staying longer than 7 weeks, they will need to change to regular student status. A parent interview will be organised in order to make the admission as regular student official.
A Confidential Recommendation will also be requested from the previous school. Please refer to the whole Admissions Policy for other information regarding Admissions.