What is the Physical Education Curriculum?
We follow the National Curriculum of England to teach Physical Education (PE). Each class has two 45 minute lessons per week with a specialist P.E teacher. Our PE curriculum supports the development of;
- Fundamental movement skills
- Individual fitness, flexibility and strength building
- Team games and activities
- Knowledge and understanding of a range of competitive and non competitive sports
- Dance and gymnastics skills
- Swimming lessons (6 per year) and water safety knowledge
Our Physical Education lessons are enjoyable and challenging for all students, and the skills taught are differentiated to support students at their individual level. Embedded throughout all Physical Education lessons are opportunities for students to develop the school values of responsibility, endeavour, honesty, integrity, compassion, respect and tolerance. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have adjusted our PE curriculum to avoid any close contact sports.