Clubs & Activities
The club programme runs for between 5-8 weeks each term and are designed to enrich the broad and balanced curriculum.
- The full programme of all extra-curricular activities are advertised at the beginning of each term
- Most of the extra-curricular activities are led by St. Michael’s staff, whilst others are supervised by qualified professionals selected by the School
- The After-School Clubs and Activities take place between 15:20 to 16:10. Children are supervised by teachers until activities start
- There is no bus service for children taking part in After-School Clubs and Activities. Children in Early Years to Year Two must be collected by a parent or a named adult. Children in Year Three – Six can go home independently.
- Children must attend all club sessions with a refund only given due to injury or prolonged illness.
During the course of the academic year, each class explores the area in the vicinity of the School as part of their local studies. At the start of the year, parents sign a permission slip for local excursions. Local excursions are usually defined as those which do not involve public transport. Most local trips do not involve cost.
- The School funds one educational visit per year for each class. Occasionally, extra visits which incur a cost may occasionally be planned and parents may be asked to make a contribution towards the costs.
- Residential experiences at a YMCA facility are provisionally planned each year for our Year Five and Year Six. classes. These residential experiences develop team building skills and are supervised by St. Michael’s staff. All children are expected to attend. In the academic year 2020-2021 we will review MEXT guidelines on residential trips before confirming dates.