|The following forms are available for download:|
Step 1: Submission of Documents and Fee:
1. Completed Application Form. The form can either be collected from the School or downloaded. Incomplete Application Forms will be returned.
2. A copy of the child’s passport or birth certificate. Dual passport holders must submit both copies.
3. A copy of two recent school records and test results(if applicable)
4. The Application Fee must be submitted at the time of application. This fee is non-refundable.
The Application documents and fee can be submitted directly at the School Office, or sent by mail in an envelope marked “ADMISSIONS”. The fee can be paid in cash or by bank transfer. (Please refer to the Payment Policy for bank details.)
An open disclosure of learning, medical or behavioural problems or disabilities must be made at Step 1. If your child has been diagnosed with having learning, medical or behavioural problems or disabilities, documents must be submitted with the application form. Should it subsequently come to light that any relevant information has been knowingly withheld, the school holds the right to review the child’s place at St. Michael’s International School.
Step 2: Confidential Recommendation from Current or Previous School:
- St. Michael’s International School will directly contact your child’s most recent school to obtain a Confidential Recommendation Form and carry out a background check. To avoid any unnecessary delay, please check that you have provided accurate details of your current or last school.
When all of the relevant documents including the Confidential Recommendation Form have been received, our Admissions Officer, Ms. Kimura, will contact you to confirm your registration with us and to let you know the status of your application.
If the report from your previous or current school is satisfactory, and places are available you will be invited to an interview (Step 3). If there are no available places you will be placed on our Waiting List. Ms. Kimura will explain this to you in more detail.
Step 3: Interview and Assessment:
· You and your child will be invited to visit St. Michael’s for an interview and initial assessment. This will give us further information about your child and how well they will fit into our school.
· A ‘Trial Day’may be organised in order to make clearer the child’s suitability for entering St. Michael’s International School, as part of the admissions process.
· If required by the Head of School, an additional interview may be organised with a Learning Enrichment Programme Coordinator, as part of the admissions process.
· A Provisional Acceptance may be issued prior to the Interview and Assessment, particularly if families reside overseas. In this case, the Interview and Assessment is still necessary to complete the admissions process upon the arrival of the family to Japan.