1. The Application Feemust be submitted at the time of application, which is non-refundable.
2. Tuition Fees are quoted for the full year and are payable in two parts. The payment must be made by the due date as indicated in the invoice, normally in August and January.
3. A penalty of 30,000 yen will be automatically applied for payments received 15 days after the due date. Failure to pay by 30 days after the due date may result in the student being removed from the school enrolment list.
4. Failure to pay school fees by 60 days after the due date will automatically result in a student’s removal from the school unless the Board grants an extension in writing, due to the family’s special circumstances.
5. The school reserves the right to withhold student transcripts and other records if there is an outstanding balance due, when a student transfers to another school.
6. If the school suspends a student due to non-payment of school fees, an additional payment of 50,000 yen will be conditional to a student’s reinstatement plus the full remaining year’s fees in advance.
7. The Maintenance fund contributions are charged annually to all students of St. Michael’s and are non-refundable.
8. The Registration Fee is non-refundable. Families wishing to save seat(s) months in advance must pay the Registration Fee within 3 weeks of receiving the Acceptance Letter from the Head of School. If this fee payment is not confirmed, the official Acceptance may be cancelled.
9. Insurance Fee and PTA Fees are non-refundable.
10. For children who enter during the school year, tuition fees will be charged from the month of entry. Other fees must be paid in full.
What the Tuition Fees cover
Tuition Fees cover all textbooks and exercise books and other educational materials used by the children as part of the main curriculum, swimming sessions, twooutside visitsper year, andthe schoolyearbook.
Library Bag: Each student must have a school library bag to transport library books to and from school. They are available from the School Office at a cost of 1,500 yen.
Student Discount of Tuition Fees for Siblings
- Definition of sibling – The student must be one of two or more children having one or both parents in common. This discount is not available to family members outside the sibling relationship.
- To be eligible for sibling discount, one, usually the oldest child, will pay full tuition fees. The discount applies to the younger sibling(s) in the order of enrolment. For the siblings who apply together the discount will apply to the younger child. This will be established at the time of registration.
- Discount per younger sibling is 15% of tuition fees. The discount is applicable to tuition fee only. Other fees including application fee, registration fee, annual maintenance fee, insurance and PTA fees must be paid in full.